LoS-Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Platoon challenge (?)

+4
mavik227
Ser9ph
Kritikal808
Defeater-8
8 posters

Go down

Platoon challenge (?) Empty Platoon challenge (?)

Post  Defeater-8 Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:50 am

Posting here to gauge all of your interest levels in actually playing against another platoon for once (instead of stacking public servers and making a bunch of noobs rage quit).

Comes as a result of this thread on battlelog: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654347831984800/. Basically the guy questions if Core players are as good as Hardcore. I feel that Core players are in general better than Hardcore, so I kind of casually posited the idea of having a semi-friendly set of matches, one in Core and one in HC.

Since I have no seniority here I leave it to you all to debate upon.

Defeater-8

Back to top Go down

Platoon challenge (?) Empty Re: Platoon challenge (?)

Post  Kritikal808 Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:59 am

Granted i dont jam with you guys alot on BF3 cause you all know how i feel about the game... But with that aside... Thank you for bringing up the Challenge idea... I think that the 4 of us could talk about it if your interested... But there would have to be a majority, due to we never set out to have this Clan get caught up in the whole CB scene cause thats not what we formed LoS for... For majority of us we sat on the terms that we all just like jamming with each other... Now i know the company is not the same as BC2 but if that is what majority of what you all want i dont see why Myself, Mav, gta and the rest of the boys wont be behind you... If you all want to follow through let me know... But that means we need another person to give a basic run down and tactics like how we did on BC2, just to give everyone an idea of how each may think and prep for each match... Also since Microphones are complete fucking garbage in BF3 and it sounds like 2 midgets fighting over a sausage in a trash can, we need to come up with a comm idea... So give us feed back and i think we can either work something out or atleast see were people stand.
Kritikal808
Kritikal808

Back to top Go down

Post  Ser9ph Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:58 am

How would we even do it? Can't make private matches.

Ser9ph
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mavik227 Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:48 pm

my bad, i haven't been playing the last 2weeks. winter term began, and bf3 kinda pissed me off with all the shotgun frenzy..and there's private matches now?? i'm not a gamebattles fan, but it wouldn't hurt to go against some other clan for fun, to learn new techniques and new styles of communicating. or practice on our weaknesses.

mavik227
mavik227

Back to top Go down

Post  Ser9ph Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:38 pm

ATM there is no way to make a private match. As for new ways for communicating, I'd s... ..r just ..in. ab.. t. com.... Translation: I'd settle for just being able to communicate.

Ser9ph
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashtonj85 Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:18 pm

I'm interested for sure but perhaps we should wait and see what the content of the next patch is going to be. I'm praying that the voip will be fixed or somewhere near useable. Musicman from 101 clan has found a free program that allows you to communicate through your pc/laptop. I can't remember the name but i'll ask.
Ashtonj85
Ashtonj85

Back to top Go down

Post  Defeater-8 Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:27 pm

I have used Skype, it's free and works great.

Defeater-8

Back to top Go down

Post  BillyKid1234 Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:53 am

Do you need the internet to use Skype though? I have my laptop on when recording with the wireless turned off so I don't get any lag when playing. What about carrier pigeons? They are pretty reliable =)
BillyKid1234
BillyKid1234

Back to top Go down

Post  El_Twin Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:22 am

The Private Matches is not an option in this game (not yet until DICE decides to enable access)
In my opinion BF3 is about communication something that doesn't work 100% in PS3. We should wait until VOIP gets to a level where you can actually understand other teamplayers. Then if it ever gets fixed I support the Challenges if the rest of the Clan is okay.

Recently my TV got an update where skype is installed. (I've yet to figure it out on how can I use it.)

If some of you have laptops and want to start using skype we should make a thread giving our ID on skype.
I don't have an account but I'm curious on how I can use through my TV.
El_Twin
El_Twin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow_Confuser Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:24 am

The 101 clan guys are using Mumble via their website, which I guess works just like Skype.

It'd mean using my laptop + bluetooth headset hooked up to that, so no gaming headphones... Sad

Gotta keep praying about the next patch.

But I'm happy to give it go if anyone wants to add me. My Skype is: danieljwallis

I watched what looked like a private clan battle on Youtube.

It was on PC and damn, their communications were on point! They'd named every little part of Grand Bazaar, and I'm sure every other map too... Like, "Three bogies pushing from C through 'Gold Alley' now..." or "I'm behind the container at 'Blue Stairs' ..." or whatever... Shocked They won.

Shadow_Confuser
Shadow_Confuser

Back to top Go down

Post  BillyKid1234 Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:33 pm

They say they're fixing the VOIP in the next patch so fingers crossed. I'm in the same boat ass Shadow. I won't have any gaming headset so I'm screwed Sad
BillyKid1234
BillyKid1234

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down