LoS-Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sniper tricks

3 posters

Go down

Sniper tricks Empty Sniper tricks

Post  tigris2010 Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:48 pm

Hey guys!

Long time without posting cause I am learning for exams...

I still play in the evening (European time;-) and I'm trying to develop my sniping skills. But, OMG, I'm not good at all!

Any tips from the experts of the clan? Which one is the best to start with?

See you there!

tigris2010

Back to top Go down

Sniper tricks Empty Re: Sniper tricks

Post  BillyKid1234 Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:56 pm

To me, there are a couple of golden rules. If you are doing long range sniping, you should use a 12x scope, a bipod, and laser sight, although I turn this off when sniping as to not alert a potential victim. You will just have to get used to compensate for bullet drop and alwways go for standing still targets like enemy snipers or engineers with stingers. It's all trial and error with sniping Smile
BillyKid1234
BillyKid1234

Back to top Go down

Post  tigris2010 Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:54 am

Ok Billy, thanks for the tips.

I used the SVD with a X4 scope on operation metro yesterday (first base, defending) and it was really efficient.

Would you recommand specific sniper weapons on particular maps?

Btw, LoS will be famous on youtube thanks to your last vid Wink

tigris2010

Back to top Go down

Post  BillyKid1234 Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:14 pm

Close quarters battles are ideal for semi auto sniper rifles. As soon as you unlock a suppresses for one, use that. It reduces the recoil a lot. haha thanks lad Smile
BillyKid1234
BillyKid1234

Back to top Go down

Post  Ser9ph Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:09 am

To give you an idea of my awesome sniper skills. <sarcasm> My longest headshot was 210m...with a handgun. ROLF.

Giving me a sniper rifle is like giving a small child a handgun. You don't know what's gonna happen but it's probably not going to be good.

Ser9ph
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tigris2010 Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:38 am

Haha Ser9ph, long time we haven't played together (I think since bbc2).

I see I'm not the only one who is in trouble with sniper guns. More than with the others, the key is practising (I guess).

tigris2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Ser9ph Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:54 pm

We've played a couple of matches in BF3. The problem is I'm in NYC and you are in Europe? The time differences mean you guys are generally snoring by the time I log on.

When you asked about sniping I assumed you meant bolt actions. Semi auto's are easy. Just treat them like medium range rifles. A 4x or 3.5 has no sway. The next level up the rifle scope (7 or 8x) has some. It's OHK headshots from close range (20m-ish?) otherwise it's 2 to the chest. Farther out it's 3 shots. Beyond that is not really worth doing w/ semi-autos. Suppressors will increase bullet drop so keep that in mind. It also reduces the max dmg range.

Bolt actions I have problems with because I do not understand the bullet drop yet. I do know the old trick of taking a shot with a bolt action then immediately switching to pistol and firing a shot still works.

Ser9ph
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down