LoS-Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5.1 Surround Sound System

4 posters

Go down

5.1 Surround Sound System Empty 5.1 Surround Sound System

Post  El_Twin Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:50 am

I just want to share this with yall if anybody out there is a sound freak like me lol.
I like to get the best out of sound when I'm watching a movie or playing Battlefield.

I had bought a cheap Sony DVD player that came with a 5.1 surround system, and I can't complain it was pretty good. Until I decided that it wasn't really enough for me haha!
Upgrading has taken a little money and time. I really have to say this is nothing compared from my old setup, the sound is just clear, deep and amazing. Battlefield 3 will be the best test of all haha.

This is what I went with:

Sony STR-DA2400ES 7.1 A/V Receiver - Up to 100Watts per Channel: (I dont have more space for another 2 speakers thats why I went with the 5.1 setup.)
I'm still tweaking to get the best sound, once I get my front and rear surround speakers I will do the auto-tune setup. The only problem I'm having is with the Optical Digital Audio cable (from the VIZIO TV to the Sony A/V receiver; the receiver only picks up LINEAR PCM and doesn't sound if I pick DOLBY DIGITAL). It seems to cut off sound when I browse the TV menu. ( I will try connecting the PS3 directly to the Sony Receiver.)

Bass: BIC F-12 (12" woofer) 475Watts (feels like the house is comming out the window 5.1 Surround Sound System 3004045915 )

Center: Polk Audio CS10 (sound is very clear and has alot of bass, where the BIC F-12 makes it punch even more)
It's a little oversized for my taste from what I used to have but the sound output, makes up for it 5.1 Surround Sound System 3920004554

Front (L, R) - Rear (L, R) Pork Audio Tsi100: I will be updating once I receive the shipment, sometime this week.
El_Twin
El_Twin

Back to top Go down

5.1 Surround Sound System Empty Re: 5.1 Surround Sound System

Post  BillyKid1234 Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:20 pm

Must blow out the windows like this!

I'm hoping to get a HD PVR for xmas so we can record our clan gameplay! Very Happy
BillyKid1234
BillyKid1234

Back to top Go down

5.1 Surround Sound System Empty Audio

Post  Ashtonj85 Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:42 pm

Twin, that sounds like a mean setup!! I never went for the 5.1 suround package but stuck to the traditional 2 channel way. ! Marantz pm7001 amp 2x wharfedale evo2.30 floor speakers. Not massively powerfull but the sound quality is crtystal!!
Ashtonj85
Ashtonj85

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow_Confuser Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:41 pm

That sounds incredible Twin! If I had a house, I would have something like that. Unfortunately, the walls in my condo are so thin I can still hear my TV if I leave the apartment and walk to the elevators halfway down the corridor! So I'll have to stick to deafening myself with my Turtle Beach headset ... until I get I my beachfront mansion. Sad
Shadow_Confuser
Shadow_Confuser

Back to top Go down

Post  El_Twin Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:34 am

So the setup is complete now, I'm still waiting on the control remote for the receiver since I don't have one to tune the spearkers. Although I don't know if it will make a difference, yesterday I watched Transformers Movie and OMG affraid the sound was just like if you were there lol.

I'm really happy with this setup, I made some tweaks last night with the speakers setup and wiring. Can't wait to try them in BF3 Beta Smile

El_Twin
El_Twin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum